Updates are in RED
• Realign and improve 1/3 mile of trail on currently private property (with TAMBA, TRTA, and Nevada Land Trust cooperation and assistance) - DONE
• Complete second round of Spotted Owl and Northern Goshawk surveys - DONE
• USFS botanical surveys - DONE
• USFS aquatic biology surveys - DONE
• Final phases of Heritage Resource Study and Evaluation – final report received from consultant – in process of USFS and NVSHO review
• US Fish and Wildlife review of Yellow Legged Frog (endangered species) data (may not be needed) – should be done already?
• USFS specialist review of project surveys - botanical, heritage, wildlife, and others – in process now
• Transfer of privately held land to USFS – to be completed by Nov 2017
• National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation draft finalized and submitted (USFS) – Basin wide EA in final public review phase – expected signing Feb 18
• NEPA review and process – not needed once Basin wide EA signed
• Applied for RTP grant – awaiting determination by summer
• NEPA document final (Full Project Approval by USFS) – still projected by summer of 2017
• Fundraising for IFT project
• Design of historical and other signs/kiosks
• Design/Evaluation of slide area solution – retaining wall?
• Trail work on 1 mile of trail from Diamond Peak to slide area
• Install kiosk and directional signs at Mt. Rose Highway
• Trail improvement from Mt. Rose Highway to Tyrolean trail
• Trail improvements on remaining 5 miles of trail
• Installation of retaining wall at slide area
• Installation of historical and directional signs
• Kiosk installed at Tunnel Creek Road/IFT intersection
• Grand Opening!